Sunday, March 21, 2010

Head Through the Ceiling

I became too comfortable
with the cold
and the snow, and
quiet ideals. You are not ideal.

You walked in through smoke screens
tripping over stricken land
a mirage of what shouldn't been.
Say something.

I sit on my high bed
striped purple sheets, remote controls
and empty bottles
eating my lemon poppy seed muffin.
Wondering,
whether you are wondering about me, too.

I don't love you.
I like you, but not quite
either.
Yet, somehow I
yearn for you.
I care whether you care.
Maybe, I do like you
like
that.

I don't like this, this
being alone
being sick
not having anyone
to try and
fix me
fix the broken
string
I'm scared.

Listening to The XX
makes me want to
watch things on
VCRs, again.
I wish I was home
in my mother's
arms. She has the
strongest shoulder I
know of, they will
not let me go, as
my body shake feverishly
and I sob
cover stories and
lies.

I am weak and
my soul diminishing
I don't know how
long
or
how much
time
until it heals or
rips
in
this basic space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
college student. makeup & skincare junkie.

Followers