Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Moment From Last Summer

Bryant Park

The grassy green grass in the middle of the square
The chairs left disarray without a care
I sit on one of them, beneath an umbrella
beside an old man who is lost in thought
watching water sprout from the fountain.
It's sunny and it's drizzling.

I sit beneath an umbrella.
To my right, I see the top of a carousel
turning and turning, I don't see them
they're blocked by trees and rows and rows of bushes
so much green.
I wish you were here, came and been.
I want to dance with you
on the grassy green square
surrounded by careless chairs.

We'll let the drizzle hit the top of our heads
and we'll keep swaying
and the old man will glimpse over once
and turn his head back towards the fountain
and maybe he'll reflect back to his younger years
full of romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
college student. makeup & skincare junkie.

Followers