Wednesday, August 12, 2009

3 Generations of Women

She sleeps on the hospital bed again tonight
there's only so much in life she can fight
Alone, surrounded by hundreds of
strangers full of bleeding stories,
latching on forgotten glories.
She's old and fragile, a little lady
Don't let your bad dreams haunt her, please
Let her rest, Let her heal

She's a puppet doll, attached to strings you pull in delight
Plane ticket in her back pocket, she won't board her flight
Heaven only knows how many times she's cried
over the used.
She is injured but cannot afford her savior.
Don't let your bad dreams haunt her, please
Let her go, free her suffering soul

Skies are graying and clouds are racing to cover
the last of the light
I see out the glass windows, my city, my home
But I'm already losing sight.
I'm horrible at Hellos and
even worse at Goodbyes
Don't let your bad dreams haunt me, please
Let me run, let me see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
college student. makeup & skincare junkie.

Followers