Monday, September 7, 2009

Comatose - Skillet

I don't understand how it happens

I can still smell traces of you on my bed
and see the sleep in your eyes

where are you now?

I feel the roughness of your hands
against my soft skin
I feel the gentleness of your touch
against my aching back

I sent you back

I look out my window, hoping
but your spot is vacant
as if you were never here

You've gone away.

I can still feel the chilling water
from dipping my toes into the fountain water
Hopping stones to be closer to the sliding falls
we sat like that
isolated and content, twice
under the sun, under the moon

You've gone away.

We stroll to careless whispers
With promises to climb that one tree
With witnesses to us being together
at long last.

I've lost consciousness.

In the quiet parking lot
in the midst of the darkness
we sat at the back of your truck
smoking our greatest high,
the presence of us.

When?

I have pictures and countless proofs
videos to the sound of your voice
the way your scent lingers, ever so
the way my desk left disarray
with remnants of you.

I could live in your arms forever more
But I can't.
I can never walk around this place without
thinking you were there too.

Breakfast on Sundays at Rosie's
My first Chipotle burrito
Falling asleep to Benjamin Button
Blasting Skillet on the highway
Going on long journeys
Drinking the best Ice Tea under the sun
Talking about things we don't care for

I've been left.

Tell me, until when?

1 comment:

  1. "Breakfast on Sundays at Rosie's
    My first Chipotle burrito
    Falling asleep to Benjamin Button
    Blasting Skillet on the highway
    Going on long journeys
    Drinking the best Ice Tea under the sun
    Talking about things we don't care for"
    -i love it <3

    and love you salina! be strong!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
college student. makeup & skincare junkie.

Followers